McDermott awarded Discovery System GoM platform co

A subsidiary of McDermott International Inc. has been awarded a contract for offshore facilities in the Gulf of Mexico, by the Discovery system. The contract value is included in McDermott’s second quarter 2012 backlog.

The Discovery system is operated by Williams Partners L.P., who owns 60 percent and DCP Midstream Partners LP owns the remaining 40 percent.

The contract is for the delivery of new junction facilities for Discovery’s Keathley Canyon Connector™ pipeline system with a 3,300-ton, four-leg platform in 350 feet of water.

The platform will be unmanned and will provide pipeline junction facilities for incoming deepwater pipelines from the Lucius and Hadrian South fields and for outgoing shallow-water pipelines to shore.

Fabrication at the company’s Morgan City facility in Louisiana is expected to begin this summer, with offshore installation anticipated to commence during the third quarter of 2013, with an expected operational start-up by the end of the year.

The installation is expected to be performed by McDermott’s deepwater combination heavy lift and pipelay vessel DB50, which has recently undergone extensive enhancement to its power and propulsion systems and has a new deepwater lowering system.
Previous articlePacific Industrial distributes for Reyco Valves
Next articleWY natural gas-fired power plant approved
Heat Exchanger World is a leading international magazine covering all aspects of the product supply chain of heat exchangers. Heat Exchanger World is part of the KCI Group of Companies. We are a leading knowledge, communication and information company connecting business-to-business professionals by building and sustaining global communities, solving their information needs and helping them to develop their professional life and friendships.